| Note: Questions should go in the Sourceforge forum.
You're more than welcome to pose any question you might have in the Souceforge forum. They'll get answered much quicker there. This page is for discussing the Main Page of the wiki. Suggestions for the main page of the wiki should indeed go here...
For Pocket PC?
hi, i've got a pocket pc and i'm searching for a programme as stellarium to use in my pocket: someone can help me?
Stellarium 0.80 version test 1
Hello, I tried the Stellarium 0.80. New features looked good, but, the letters I use(Korean) do not appear. It seems that the area code 437 is not set in this program. Can this problem be solved ...? Ovthrz 01:18, 2 May 2006 (PDT)
- Yes! It's a matter of setting the right locale, and letting the program use the right font. A Korean font is not included, as it would significantly reflect on the download size of Stellarium. A solution is on the talk page about the translations jome 06:22, 10 May 2006 (PDT)
Thank you. It looks beautiful. Ovthrz 03:03, 14 May 2006 (PDT)
User's guide download?
Hey there, I just downloaded Stellarium and was trying to dl the users guide but it wouldn't dl. A message came up that said it was a bad file and couldn't be repaired. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
- An incomplete download perhaps? A new version of the guide has been released... try again, either via the Sourceforge servers, or Matthew's website. jome 06:22, 10 May 2006 (PDT)
- This is usually caused by right clicking on the link in sourceforge and selection save as. However, the link is to the mirror page, not the file itself. Left click the link and choose a mirror, then sourceforge will give you the actual file. Matthewg42 18:21, 12 August 2006 (PDT)
simplified Chinese homage is required
Some people using simplified Chinese altered the original homepages written in traditional Chinese. Since traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese are different both in coding and in writing. Also, considering the need of those who would like contribute their work in simplified Chinese, 首页( http://www.stellarium.org/wiki/index.php/%E9%A6%96%E9%A1%B5). It is suggested that another language in simplified Chinese is required, so that people can tell 首頁(正體中文) from 首页(simplified Chinese).
--Dahlih 07:29, 17 June 2007 (PDT)
- It looks like a spammer did that, but I added a link to the sidebar. If the homepage in Simplified Chinese stays as inactive as it is now, it'll probably disappear in the future. Thanks for signaling the problem.--jome 08:02, 17 June 2007 (PDT)
Display problem on older HW
Installation at home went without problems.
Liked the program so much that I suggested it to teachers of our elementary school. (kids with age 7-12y) They approved and I went to my son´s school today to install Stellarium on some school-computers. Installation went normal, but when I started the program, I saw the sun, the landscape and some planets, zooming in- and out was without problems, but the control-menu that should normally appear on the buttom and side was not readable. Some fuzzy cubes appeared when my mouse was at the bottom or side of the screen. Tried with another laptop, got the same result. Tried playing a bit with the screen-resolution, but without success. Suspect that source of the problem is linked to slightly older HW. Would like to know if there is a work-arround for screens with older HW. Regards, Dirk Willems
A: There are lots of older drivers which are quite buggy, especially on ATI cards. This may not become apparent with other software, especially if it does not use OpenGL. The only solution to buggy drivers, is to install non-buggy drivers. This can often be achieved by upgrading them, but I think there are some drivers for older cards which are buggy and for which no fixed version exists. Matthewg42 17:42, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
We've been using "Starry Night Backyard" in our middle school science curriculum for several years. I feel that stellarium is a much better product, but there are some elements missing before we can connect it with our curriculum. One of our science teachers has these requests: 1) Be able to select different location on the earth for viewintg: such as Milwaukee, Anchorage, Antarctica, and Quito, Equador. 2a) View the sunrise and sunset times for each location on the spring and fall equinox and also the summer and winter solistice. 2b) View solar noon at the times in #2a. 3) Determine the angle of separation for the sun at the dates in #2.
Perhaps these features already exist. If so, please contact the science teacher Tom: email@example.com
1) You can already - use the location dialog. 2a) Not currently implemented. Also, what exactly do you mean - there are multiple ways to define it - first touching of sun disc to horizon, lat touch, mid point etc. 2b) Also not implemented, but less ambiguous. 3) Multiple dates is not so easy. You could sort of do it with the angle measure plugin, but you'd have to mark the first position, move the time and then mark the second position, which is a little ugly. You could always get the students to write down the coordinates at the two times and do a little math to get the answer :)
The altitude stellarium gives for any celestial body, is it given based off the center of the earth, or based on sea level? If the altitude is based on the observation being from the center of the earth what would be the correction to adjust it to sea level?
AFAIK, the altitude is only used in the calulation of the atmospheric brightening, and not star positions. We don't currently model atmospheric refraction.
Does Stellarium have a script or whatever where you can model extinction (stars near the ground appear dimmer than stars in the sky due to a "thicker" atmosphere). 20:02, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
Not at present. It's a nice idea for a feature request though. P.S. You've made a log of links to your blog around the wiki. I consider this spam. Please stop it. Matthewg42 06:36, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
Stellarium for mobile Nokia N97 Mini
I´m searching for stellarium for my mobile-phone "Nokia N97 Mini". Were could I find a download-version.
Thanks for helping!
For some reason I have not been able to get any screen shots to work... I have win 7, using stellarium 10.5, have tried changing the save directory but still doesn't work :( any suggestions? Thank you.
- There was a link, but for some reason it wasn't displayed. I think I've managed to fix it:  --Daggerstab 06:14, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you. Ovthrz 23:11, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- 1. How can I request a deletion of a page which was created by mistake?
- 2. When making a page in other language, Isn't it desirable to make categories in its own language? Ovthrz 23:36, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- Ask an administrator (anyone in the SysOp user group; at the moment I am the only active one). I probably should create a template for this, like Template:Spam.
- Well, it sounds like a good idea. I don't know what is the current practice - it seems that it hasn't been applied consistently.
- Anyway, this is not the place to have such a discussion. There must be a discussion page for the whole wiki, like the "Village pump" at Wikipedia. I guess the reason there isn't one is that very few people edit this wiki. --Daggerstab 18:29, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
Installation de Stellarium sous windows 7 64 bits
Quelqu'un peut-il me donner des conseils d'installation?